Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A blog for my brother

Well bevan is quick to complain that i haven't written a blog since June (which is only about 2 weeks ago so it isn't THAT long) but anyway I am posting just for the sake of shutting my dear little brother up.

Reading my last post i realised i actually had passed my first month at work (only 2 more months of probation left!) I just finished a weekend of on-call support which was actually quite painful considering i didn't have a clue what was going on and there were scheduled changes that i had NO idea about which caused problems for me. So i ended up having to stay up until 3:30am on both Saturday and Sunday night, luckily I am on the late shift this week so i don't start until 10am (which in retrospect isn't all that different from starting at 9... except for the extra 30 mins of sleep i manage).

I have to say whoever works the early shift has 'the short end of the stick', because eventhough you can actually leave by 5 you never do because everyone else is still working so you feel weird/guilty/lazy if you leave before 6 - which is kind of unfair and the only reason you need to come in early is to perform a few checks which you could technically do at home - but anyway.

I am learning more (i haven't fallen asleep at my desk this week, but i've only worked Monday & Tuesday this week - since today i had off as in-lieu for working on a public holiday last week)

Update on my purchases, i didn't end up buying a TV - i think i'll put it off for a couple more weeks - it's not like i need it at the moment. So i went and bought a nice little Olympus camera instead. Now all i need to do is learn how to use it properly (that's the problem with technology, and with these new cameras having more than 6 different ISO settings u need to know when to use what otherwise ur shots look terrible). This camera is really cool, it even has a special mode to take picutres of things behind glass (so now more 'ghosts' of you and your camera when you sneak shots of things in shop windows!)

I have also been spending a bit of time with Erica (my cousin's maid of honor in the UK) and her husband Nigel (usually ends with us drinking wine at their place , i am soooo turning into an alcoholic, i don't think i've drunk so much in such a short period of time) - we have watched so many movies recently, Prince Caspian, Indiana Jones, Wanted and probably Hancock tomorrow) pretty much a movie a week.

There's another one that i'm really looking forward to: "Red Cliff" a John Woo production, good cast and it looks impressive (and the only reason i'm more interested in this movie than usual is probably because of all the Dynasty Warrior games i've been playing over the years)

Today, we headed out to Ching Chun Koon to 'visit' my grandfather then we went to Tuen Mun where we met up with mum's friend and wandered around the shopping centre for about 4 hrs. Bev/Ben/Dad, there is a restaurant that we'll have to try there so you can help mum try all the eel dishes they have there (*shudder*) - you should see the eels they have just sitting in the aquarium at the front of the shop (*gross*) one's like a moray eel. I should have taken my camera but anyway i'll remember to take photos when mom and dad go and eat there in September. The restaurant is called "Siu Shun Village Cuisine = 肇順名匯"

Oh well that's it from me, i'm drinking wine at the moment and it's making me sleepy...

No comments: