Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Well my first meal of the day was at 12pm (i was sooo hungry by then)

Would you believe that you have to pay $44 HKD at Jusco for 7 thin slices of beef (the ones used for hotpot) - guess i won't be having a decent hotpot for a while... (mm brings to mind the all you can eat shabu shabu place in Hiroshima I went to in April 07)

Anyway back to my brunch, had a very yummy sampan congee at the "Food Republic" food court on the top of Taikoo Shing. THe foodcourt is set up similar to the food courts in Beijing (except they don't have the 'food' cards here).

Congee was served nice and bubbly, unfortunately i forgot my camera otherwise there would be pictures.

After wetting my appetite it was off to Causeway Bay to sort out the French Rail pass for benny boy and then followed by hours of wandering around looking at clothes. I lost my sense of direction and couldn't find my way to Times Square, had to wait for my 'aunt' to take me there.

What followed was more eating:
Around 5pm, a bowl of beef tripe noodles - in a small shop near Times Square
Then off to Jordan and wandered around Yue Hwa and then it was off to another restaurant for
1) fish head
2) 'xing' zhi
3) a tofu hotpot
4) almond egg 'tea'

Very full, thank goodness i'm walking alot otherwise instead of losing weight i'll be gaining it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHats with all the eating!? Is it that boring over there?!?!? :-p