Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Culture Shock!

It's amazing how your perception changes when you arrive in a country where you plan to work (vs for holiday purposes). On the drive in from HK airport I viewed the place with different eyes. My first thought is, "Damn there are a lot of asians." ^_^

There are definite advantages to HK though, places (most importantly, restaurants) are open late and you definitely won't be bored. It's about 26 degrees here at the moment not too humid or hot. A nice change from the sudden cold snap in Sydney. I haven't decided whether i like the cold or hot weather yet.

I've decided i hate flying, the only reason is because of the really bad air 'conditioning' they have in there. I find travelling by car/train/bus more comfortable probably because the motion tends to put me to sleep but planes are another matter, the annoying constant drone of the engines is hardly soothing and the air conditioning is stale and disgusting. Why can't they design a plane where the air isn't dry and stagnant... If only i was engineering oriented, wouldn't it be great to design a plane that is comfortable or at least can get from A to B so fast that a little discomfort is worthwhile. [Argh, i still have the HK to London leg to survive.]

I do have a HK mobile number for those who want to contact me. The number is 64326043

No comments: